Thursday, December 31, 2009

Whoopsy Daisy

So, you know what's great? When you *think* you were only slightly a slacker & haven't posted anything since you shared the final version of engagement pictures, but in reality - that post never really hit the internet - so you're even more of a slacker than you thought you were. Yay!

Yeah, that's me. :-)

So, soon I will post more pictures along with thrilling stories about our engagement pictures & family pictures. I think I need to do it from home, though, because the wifi connection on the train is strongly reminiscent of the dial-up we had in St. Louis in 1995.

In the meantime, though, I wanted to tell everyone that I'm back! I did take a break from wedding planning (but not wedding-thinking) over the holidays. While it was always on my mind, I got very little done - which was nice (thinking about random little details counts as fun in my book - yes, I'm a sicko) and frustrating (because I didn't get any sense of accomplishment).

In general, the break was good & necessary. We had a great holiday season, got to see lots of family & got to spend good time together as a family. We found something that all five of us like to do (skiing/snowboarding); which, while not the cheapest sport in the world, is incredibly awesome to do together. Yay!

And now, the wedding is less than 3 months away. So, I have to start doing. The list of things to do is as long as my arm - but hopefully that means I will start posting some fun wedding details on the blog.

The first things we have to do are finish invitations & favors. There's some pre-work we can do for the centerpieces that we'll have to do. Also - a head's up - soon we will need addresses from everyone! Although, if you're reading this, you probably got a Save the Date & we don't need your address. So, you can ignore the head's up - it's all of the people not reading this that need to be prepared. ;-)

This is kind of a nothing post, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm out here & haven't forgotten about the blog. As a reminder for the out of town guests - don't forget to make your hotel reservations! The discounted rates will go away soon.

Happy New Year to everyone out there...here's to a great 2010!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I can't believe the wedding is almost here! Tony and I are celebrating our 25th this week, so it just feels perfect to come to your wedding.

Everything looks beautiful. Congrats on scoring such an awesomely cool venue!

I know you must be incredibly busy. I am in awe of your organizational skills. I wish I had you around when we got married. Wait no, that might not have worked :)