Thursday, October 01, 2009

Watch Out Tyra! Here We Come!!!

About two weeks ago, K & I met up with our photographer Kris for our engagement pictures. While we may not quite be America's Next Model material, we had a lot of fun.

We decided to take some pictures by my office first. Pac Med is on a hill that overlooks downtown Seattle, which leads to some distracting views during meetings - but it was great for pictures. It was definitely odd kissing & hugging while Kris snapped away; we didn't have a good idea of what we're supposed to be doing & the traffic was loud enough that it was kind of hard to hear her. We didn't stay there too long; instead we walked up the hill to a park that looks over the stadiums. That was much quieter & we got a couple really good shots - like this one:





After that, we headed to an area of Seattle called Fremont.  Fremont is where I lived when I moved to Seattle & when we started dating.  We spent a lot of time in Fremont, walking to shops & restaurants, going to the outdoor movies & going out at night. I love Fremont so much & it was a lot of fun to walk around again and get our pictures taken there.

By this time, we were getting a lot more comfortable with Kris, and with the idea of our pictures being taken.  I can totally tell our smiles are a lot more relaxed in the pictures, and there was lots more kissing. To be perfectly honest, this is probably the most that K & I had kissed in one evening for quite awhile. It's not that we're not affectionate, but really - when was the last time you spent 3 hours kissing someone on & off?  (FYI - that's a rhetorical question...)

Anyway, I think I'd kind of forgotten the value of kissing & how important physical contact is. We're so used to being together (since we're together all the time) that it's easy to take advantage of it. Taking our engagement pictures reminded me how nice it is to touch K all the time & to be close to each other. Here are a couple of my favorites from Fremont:




After Fremont, we went to a nearby beach called Golden Gardens. K & I went there on our first date, so it was extra special for us.  We walked around a lot on the beach and took our shoes off some. Kris loves feet photos - which is awesome because K & I do too (in fact, he has one of those credit cards where you can customize the background & he used a picture of our feet from our first vacation together). So, we made sure to get some good feet pictures too. I love so many of the ones from Golden Gardens; it's hard to choose only a few to show you:

 
 


Kris also put together this fantastic slide show with the full set of engagement pictures; of course, I can't figure out how to include the slide show on the blog - so click through to see it here.




*All pictures by Kris Allen of Kris Allen Photography.

2 comments:

eklay said...

I was wondering about the kissing - glad to hear it was ONLY 3 hours LOL. Awesome pics and slideshow - what group is singing?

Me said...

It's Lucky by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat. You can get it here.