Friday, September 25, 2009

All Tied Up

First things first, the title for this post was K's idea because I was stuck.  I'd say something about how if you think it's cheesy, blame him - but all of mine have been cheesy too.  So, I'm not saying anything other than "that was K's recommended title."


Anyway - getting on to the good stuff....


I'm a details person. I love details; I think the details are what makes something special.  When my MOH, R, & I went to Spain together, the thing that I loved the most (besides spending time with her) was the incredible detail in the buildings - the tiling, the archways - it was incredible.


I've been trying to show the same sort of attention to detail in our wedding. It's an interesting balance, though, because I don't want to create more work for us than absolutely necessary; nor do I want to invest time, energy or money into a detail that isn't really meaningful.  For example, we're not going to have personalized napkins; I know people do it & it's a detail that can make the wedding more personal. To me, though, it's not worth it. It's not worth the money or figuring out what font, or where to get them from, or where to put them, or what to put on them....


As I've read blogs & browsed websites, though, I have looked for the details that are either meaningful to one or both of us, serve a purpose or bring everything together.  One example of that I found while on Weddingbee. There was a woman talking about ties they'd ordered from a website called Cyberoptix; the description intrigued me so away I went to browse around.


They have some pretty cool looking ties that I can't figure out how to save pictures of.  So, you have to click through & check them out.  They're so cool; I love how they have fun with the ties like this and this. There are a few darker ones too, like this.


They also make scarves that I think are big enough to double as wraps. They're gorgeous too, check out this.


So, as I was nosing around I came across this tie; and I totally fell in love with the picture with the browns & coppers. I sent it to K and he was totally crazy about them to.


We ordered a sample tie & scarf to see what they look like. They are incredible; so we decided to get them for the wedding party. They look great, fit with the color scheme and we'll be supporting a growing business.  One of the coolest things was when I got my order confirmation email, it said something along the lines of "This isn't an automated email. There's a real person sitting on the other end of this address, so if you have any questions at all, respond & we'll get right back to you"


For the wedding, we'll give all of the grooms/brides men, plus some of our family members, ties that look like the one above.  K will have one color (maybe orange?), the groomsmen will have another color (maybe brown?), my bridesman M will have a color that closely matches the dresses & our family members will have a 4th color.  Oy.  We haven't exactly figured out the colors yet, but Bethany from Cyberoptix sent us a swatch card with a bunch of options and we just need to make a decision.


We'll also be getting the women in our lives (brides/grooms maids, family, etc) scarves that match as well. I think they'll use them as wraps & hopefully that will help keep them warm.  March in Seattle is pretty unpredictable; it may be beautiful or it may be cold & rainy. (Clearly, I'm hoping for - but not planning on - beautiful)


What do you think? Would you wear any of the Cyberoptix ties?

No comments: