Thursday, September 24, 2009

It Suits Him Perfectly


Hi everyone!

Sorry it's been so incredibly long since I blogged.  Work has been more insane than usual & so we haven't been doing too much wedding work.  That's no excuse, though, because there are tons of things to catch you up on.

So, now I'm back!  Watch out. ;-)

When I left you, I'd outlined what the bridesmaids are going to wear, and teased about what we're going to do for the groomsmen & bridesmen.

This was a really tough one for us. We originally wanted a navy pinstripe suit. We thought the stripe would play well with the lighter colors of the bridesmaid dresses and a suit would fit the mood we are going for better than a tux would.

Well, it turns out (and this probably won't surprise most of you) - you can't rent suits.  So, there went that idea.

Then we started looking for pinstriped tuxes....nada.  All we could find were zoot suits or something that looked like P-Diddy (is that the name he's going by right now?) would wear it. Like this...


or this...



Finally, I emailed a tux store asking about options and the owner pointed me to a navy tux that was cut very much like a suit.  I'd actually found it when I was first looking, but we wanted the pin stripes so badly that I forgot about it.




Tada!  That's it!
 

K &  I ended up working with the rental place pointed me in that direction, Wall Street Custom Clothiers. We really liked the owner and the store when we went to visit. One of the big perks is that they'll deliver the tuxes to the hotel & pick them up after the wedding. So, all we have to do is make sure the guys get us their tuxes the day after the wedding and it will be taken care of. How wonderful is that?

Another perk is that they also do alterations, so I'll be getting my wedding dress altered there.  The owner recommended that we look at having a custom shirt made for K as well. I think that would be neat - seeing as how I get a whole dress made for me. ;-)

So, that's it - our tux decision.  What do you think?  Anyone who knows me surprised that they're blue? ;-)


Next up, I'll give you some of our thoughts about how we'll finish out the outfits for our parties.

2 comments:

K said...

I guess M was keeping the white tux out of sight till now. She must know me. I would have wanted to wear orange shoes with it or something. But I think orange shoes will look good with the blue one too ;)

eklay said...

Orange shoes for both you and M!