Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ring a ding ding

One thing we skipped over as I dove right into wedding stuff is my ring. K got me the most incredible ring; it is absolutely perfect in my completely unbiased opinion. ;-)

How did he find this ring, you ask?

It all started (like many shenanigans do) at the Sumner Wine Walk. For those of you who've missed this, Sumner (the town we live in) sponsors a wine walk twice a year. Each of the shops hosts 2 wines and you go around to each of them tasting the wine. K & I usually have a bunch of friends over for some pre-walking festivities. We eat some food, drink some wine & then head out shopping. One of the shops is the jewelry store on Main Street.

In one wine walk (I have no idea which one), we were looking at the engagement rings display and saw one with sapphires on each side of the setting. It was gorgeous & absolutely perfect. They offered to take it out of the display, but I declined.

As K & I got more serious, we'd keep an eye on that ring. One Wine Walk, it was gone. I was completely bummed. The owners didn't even remember the ring, but we did. A few weeks later, K mentioned that in order for him to get me a ring, he had to know what size. So, I went into the same jewelry store and tried on a few of their rings. One of them was a setting with square diamonds on each side diagonally.

Fast forward a few months and K proposed. (It's a good story, but I think most of you have heard it - leave a comment if you haven't & I'll retell.) With this...











The diamond is a 1 karat radiant cut in a platinum band. I love it.  I had it sized a few months ago & after I got it back (and it was all shiny) I played with it some in the yard & around the house to get these pictures.  I hope you enjoy them:











So, there you go - that's all about my ring!  Is there anything else you've been wanting to know about that I haven't mentioned yet?


No comments: