Friday, August 21, 2009

Logo Permutations

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write! In my last post, I talked about how we picked our logo & I said next time I'd talk about the permutations we went through. The trick was all of my pictures are at home & I kept wanting to blog on the train during our commute.

I finally found some time to sit down & blog, so here I am! :-)

As I said, we wanted to include our names and colors more. The trick was that we hadn't completely decided on our colors. We had a color palette (built at another site a blog pointed me to), but we weren't completely sold on it. Here it is:


We knew that our colors would have some combination of our favorite colors (blue & orange). We liked the slate on the far left, but weren't crazy about the orange. We couldn't find anything better, s
o armed with these colors, we started playing with our logo. Here are some of the things we tried:


In the end, we realized that the tree stood pretty well on its own & adding anything else cluttered it. What do you think?

1 comment:

BM M said...

Depends on what you see when you close your eyes for the whole setup of the day. Traditional and ornate? Understated and classy? Modern and chic? We haven't talked about it (yet).

Personally, I'm a fan of simple and clean - tree by itself. I like the idea of coloring the heart, though, otherwise it gets a little bit lost.